Terms and Conditions
- By booking or dropping off your device in any of our shops, you accept that you have read and agree to the Terms & Conditions when you sign the submission form.Devices are booked in at the client’s risk. Cash4Macs is not liable for any data loss or damage sustained during hardware or software repairs. Your device may be restored or formatted to complete repair. Please back up your data beforehand.
- Replaced parts have a lifetime warranty, excluding any damage caused by negligence (e.g. dropped), water damage, services, any battery replacements or mac repairs. Warranty is not transferrable to new owners.
- Quotes (excluding Macs) are valid for 7 days and subject to a R250.00 fee if not accepted. Repairs quoted under R500.00 will continue without client confirmation, unless otherwise specified.
- Cash4Macs charges a R200 diagnostic fee for iphones and ipads which is waived if client proceeds with repair.
- On water damaged devices only parts replaced as per invoice have a 3 months warranty.
- Mac Repairs / Quotes / Assessments are subject to a Consultation fee charged at the hourly rate of R450/hr.
- Only legal Software will be installed or supported. 3rd Party software installation must be accompanied by valid registration keys.
- Payment term is cash upfront as Cash4Macs does not fund repairs.
- If Cash4Macs opens your device you will lose the remainder of your Brand Holder guarantee. You will however receive the relevant Cash4Macs warranty in it’s place.
- Devices not collected within 31 days of notification may be sold to defray repair costs without you being notified.
- Repairs usually take anything from 2 to 7 working days, if needed parts are hard to source client will be notified within the 7 working days to arrange an extension to source relevant parts or components. The client cannot cancel the repair once we have started working on the device.
- By receiving an invoice or quotation please be aware it is well possible to find other parts or components that need fixing or replacing which may increase the original amount quoted or invoiced, this is due to the fact that other parts or components can only be diagnosed after the working of other parts or components. So they is no final invoice or quote.
- Please note if you bring in your device for repairs it is possible that the device can malfunction at any point even in our possession or your possession. You bring devices to Cash4Macs trusting that we are qualified and competent in what we do therefore making it not possible for us to damage your device at any point during repairs. Any device malfunction that was not experienced by the user prior to submitting it to us Cash4Macs is not responsible.
- Please note all logic board repairs and replacements require full payment before we proceed work as Cash4Macs does not fund repairs.
Cash4Macs takes your privacy very seriously. Our privacy commitments are fundamental to the way we do business every day. This applies to the information you voluntarily provide to us and applies to everyone who has a relationship with Cash4Macs– including customers, vendors, job applicants, employees, and web site visitors.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
As part of our business, we obtain certain personal information from you in order to provide a product or service to you, or consider you for employment. This information may include that which we receive from you on credit applications, job applications, insurance or other applications, and background check or drug test consent forms. The information collected may include, but is not limited to, financial information, social security numbers, driver’s licenses, addresses, and medical information.
WHAT INFORMATION WE DISCLOSE
We will not sell your personal information to anyone, for any purpose. We do not disclose nonpublic personal information to anyone, except as permitted by law and for legitimate business purposes. The limited circumstances under which we are permitted by law to disclose personal information include: information necessary to service or process a product or service that you requested or authorized; to your legal representative; in response to a subpoena; to comply with federal, state, or local laws; and to protect against fraud. We are also permitted to disclose information to companies that perform services for us and with whom we have a non-disclosure agreement. For instance, we may have service providers with whom we contract certain financial services or that store files.
OUR SECURITY PROCEDURES
To protect your privacy, we collect only relevant information and make every effort to keep personal information safe. All of our employees and contractors are required to respect your privacy. We do not provide access to any employee or contactor who has not agreed to our non-disclosure policy. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with state and federal regulations to guard your personal information.
In Store Return Policy
Computers, iPads, iPods, Displays and Hard Drives
Any unopened product may be refunded or exchanged within 14 days of the original purchase date. Eligible warranty defects on Apple products may be resolved through in store. Opened products may be exchanged within 7 days of the original purchase date for store credit with a 10% restocking fee; iPhones and MacBooks are subject to AT&T’s restocking fee. All opened products must be in “as was”, working condition with complete packaging. No refunds or exchanges after 7 days of purchase.
Accessories and Peripherals
Exchanges or refunds will be accepted within 7 days of the original purchase date. Products must be in “like-new”, working condition unless product is returned due to a manufacture defect. Eligible warranty defects on Apple products may be resolved in-store. After 7 days.
Products not eligible for refund, return or exchange include special-order computers, end of life computers, open software, on-ear headphones, in-ear earphones, unused Simple Answers memberships, labor, iPhone repairs, iPhone swaps/replacements and gift cards.
No in-store cash refunds on purchases over R1000. Cash4Macs will refund any sale or repair over R1000 by eft to customer within 7 to 10 business days.
Online Return Policy
General Return Policy
Items purchased on Cash4Macs are eligible for return within 7 calendar days from original purchase date. All returns must include original packaging and peripherals that were shipped with the original order. Only items that arrive DOA, damaged in transit, or still unopened are eligible for a full refund within 7 days. After 7 days. Cash4Macs reserves the right to test any DOA return and impose a 15% restocking fee if the item arrives in a misrepresented condition. Once the return is processed and product arrives in condition described by customer Cash4Macs will process the refund immediately.
Any item that arrives damaged due to customer misuse, is missing parts or peripherals, iOS locked, or is in unsellable condition may result in a higher restocking fee. Open box returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee. Items ineligible for return include special order computers, software, headphones, and gift cards.
Products not eligible for refund, return or exchange include special-order computers, open software, on-ear headphones, in-ear earphones, unused Simply Answers memberships, labor, iPhone repairs, iPhone swaps/replacements and gift cards.
Return on the Web
In the unlikely event that your items arrive damaged, are missing components, or the item shipped does not match your order please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the chat feature on our site for further instructions so we can take care of the issue in a timely manner. – Other eligible items purchased on Cash4Macs may be returned by contacting email@example.com with the order number and the reason for the return. A customer care representative will review your return request and contact you with further questions.